Thursday, March 10, 2011

I've got the turquoise-blues

Is it bad that I've already started a design folder of what I wish I could do to our new house? And is it bad that we don't even have a new house? Ha ha ha!! I think I'm done with the rustic, Tuscan, OLD feeling of this house? Ok, mostly the OLD feeling. I'm ready for new and clean, and that, apparently, translates to whites, creams, blues, and muted turquoises in my mind. The expresso brown furniture we have will look beautiful with it too. Here are two I'll share:



Too bad we can't do that much white with a toddler and 2 indoor dogs. But my brain keeps making all kinds of design decisions to conquer the dog hairs and sticky fingerprints. Speaking of which, I LOVE sticky fingerprints. They don't drive me crazy, and I hate having to clean them off the glass. They are so cute! Am I the weirdest mother out there? They're not cute because they're so tiny (okay that's one reason they are) but because I can just imagine Oliver's face smushed against the glass right alongside his little sticky/dirty/greasy hands. He's got to be the greatest little 18 month old out there! Well, to me he is :)



Ok, I should go clean something. Vacuum. Be productive since I have some time to myself right now. But I WILL be painting a LOT in our new house. Can you hear Nich sighing? Feel his eyes rolling? Ha ha ha!

2 comments:

Heidi G. aka Mom said...

ok, so what colors should I have inside my house now? Still haven't tackled that seriously. I rather liked your old Tuscan look, but then again your house was made for it! I agree, out with the old, in with the new!

Upside Down Girl said...

LOVE the new colour scheme! will be absolutely gorgeous with the turquoise and white!