Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sculpture Garden

On a cool, shady, July day in Texas (don't hear that very often!), we took our boys to a nearish sculpture garden. What we thought would be a fun 10 minutes turned into an hour of looking, playing, and giggling. It was a marvelous time!

The sky was white and you couldn't really notice the bright yellow sunflower in this picture, but graying out the grass and trees really helps you see how striking this sculpture is. It's the only picture I grayed out, the rest are their (as natural as you can get with an iPhone camera) full color pictures.


Hanging out with this lion fellow. We read later that while viewers may touch the sculptures, they may not climb on them. Oops. Made for cute pictures though!

 Mushrooms! One of Oliver's favorite foods! (It really is) He thought it was cool these were made of tools.

Ian found a giant MOOSE! This one was neat because the head would bob up and down when the wind hit the antlers. I toyed with turning the greenery black and white in this picture, but I think the moose stands out well enough and Ian is a cute little surprise with his green self. Maybe I'll change it for the future photo album I hope to put together before my kids start having their own kids.

Ian and I walked around a bend in the trail to find these very life-like statues. Wonderful masterpieces!

Oliver decided to make his statue more interesting

And Ian wanted to be a statue. My cutie patootie little guy!!

Oliver and Nich enjoying their statue pictures

When I thought Oliver was playing around on this statue, I looked over to see him staring at me with this precious face. He didn't budge as I took a picture while it melted my heart. This is my sweet sweet beautiful boy and am so glad I was trying to get my phone to go back into photo mode when I looked up so I could capture this expression.

He decided to be a "strong" statue
 
Back to the Lion!

 And little Ian attempting to ride the slightly creepy bunny.

We weren't expecting to stop here and when we saw the giant moose from the road, we thought it would be a fun little jaunt. It was the best time we had all week! So relaxing and easy and special with just us there and beautiful weather. I love my family of sweetheart boys!!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I love it! Everyone looks like they are having such a good time! Miss you all!