Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 6

Lately I've been having a little bit of a love affair with gray and yellow, although it seems the "in" color combination right now is gray, yellow, white, or lavender, yellow, and white, so maybe I'm not very unique in that respect, but nonetheless, I have always liked that color combo. I recently planted a bunch of yellow flowers this year, only to realize that I had bought the same flowers last year and they are now coming back to life with the Spring! Now we have tons of these gorgeous yellow flower "bushes" in our front garden...which I love! We seem to have yellow, white and pink - very cheerful!

So, here I played around with an app that turns the whole picture black and white, then you can pick the areas you want to have its color back. So, here are two photographs where I only brought in the yellow portions of the picture. I'm not so great at this, but you get the idea. I'm not really one who likes to manipulate images too much - I prefer the original beauty of what I was looking at and not some perfected version of it.*

 


I really like these little flowers that come in such tiny, cute clusters! They remind me of Baby's Breath, just a whole lot prettier.

* Unless it makes it look really super cool

2 comments:

Upside Down Girl said...

haha i totally agree with your comment about making things look really supper cool! I think my favorite is the little flowers as well.

Heidi aka Mom said...

We used to have really cool looking dining room chairs that were grey and yellow when you were very young.
Perhaps that's where you first saw it. It was a wonderful combination; still miss that striking look.