Tuesday, February 22, 2011

7 Days - Day 1

Today is another overcast, chilly day so rare in Lubbock. The Leo in me is reminded why I wasn't a huge fan of living in Holland, as I wait for weather.com's promise of a sunny day in the 70's later in the week. I know so many people who love the gray skies and the way the filtered sunlight plays on the world's colors, but I am not one of those people. I slow down on these days - my mood, my energy, my motivation. So, I have decided to take on a fun challenge, of sorts. I am no photographer, but I have decided to challenge myself to find and record beauty in my life over the next seven days...I've heard of 100 day challenges, and even 365 day challenges, but I'm starting with 7. That, I know, even I can commit to! I am a little worried about where to find it since I believe this is such a difficult task in February...before plants begin waking up from their winter hibernations and animals allow themselves to be seen. So, here I am on this lazy morning with the most precious, raspberry-yogurt-stained, book-reading, cuddly little boy on my lap..."Jack's Big Music Show" humming in the background...wondering what we'll get into today. Looking out of the back door, calling for Chester and Daisy to come back in, I saw what I think I will count as my first sighting for my first day.


Although these are treetops against the clouds, something about the photograph reminds me of a quiet, calm beach. Maybe that's what drew me to it!



And I know there are people who check this blog mostly to see pictures of Oliver...so here's one of my favorites from our traditional Beer-homemade-Christmas-pizza dinner from December 25. This is his first time eating pizza, and Nich's pizza at that. He LOVED it, can you tell from that giant smile?

No comments: