Thursday, March 26, 2009

Finally off the couch!

So much has happened this week, it's a far cry from a month ago when I wondered if I was ever going to feel good enough to get off the couch again! I'll start with today and work my way back...
PREGNANCY STUFF
We are a little over 17 weeks pregnant now and have been upgraded from oral Porgesterone to a weekly SHOT of Progesterone! Man, do I feel like a pin cushion! A shot a day, an extra one a week, and got my blood drawn twice this week...goodness gracious! Thank goodness for sterile needles and alcohol rubs! So today I got my first Progesterone shot, and it's with a nice long needle since it has to go into the muscle - ah, feels so GREAT! Nich came to get trained, but neither of us are sure I want him doing it - I may just go in weekly and have a nurse with 30 years of practice do it :) She was so sweet, she let us listen to our baby's heartbeat with the doppler (150 beats per minute today) since I had to wait 15 minutes before getting up...I might go in every week just for that!! Ha!

I've also been feeling this little guy move for quite a while, and he's now strong enough to where I can feel him with my hands, but stops moving when Nich tries - Nich has this natural vibration to his hands that probably startles him. So COOL though!

We also got our first appointment with our OB set up, and he likes to do an ultrasound every time you come in...so, the nurses said they would coordinate with my high risk guy so that we get an ultrasound every 2 weeks instead of 4 :) How awesome is THAT!

About a week ago, Heather, a friend and photographer, took some great pictures of me and my belly :) She's really good and you can get to her site and see all her great pictures via the link toward the bottom, left hand side of this page - under "FRIENDS AND FAMILY" her's is "Heather." She's going to do more belly shots as it grows, and Nich will be making an appearance in them too. AND I can't wait for when this baby's born, she's going to be doing his baby pictures! Here's one of the many pictures and more are on my Facebook page (you need a Facebook account to view them) and on Heather's page :)



NON-PREGNANCY STUFF

We have flowers! No Snapdragons :( It turns out, after reading the label, they don't like as much sun as our front yard allows, so we've got Merrigolds and other bright flowers. One plant has flowers that look like pink shooting stars that the butterflies LOVE. The day I planted it, I had a butterfly the size of a hummingbird come about 1,000 times! He was a FAT butterfly with crazy fast black and pinkish wings, and not too smart...he checked the same flowers at least 15 times over about 30 minutes! I'd like more of THOSE flowers :) The little white butterflies like the purple flowers I got, whatever kind of flowers they are, who knows!

I also pulled a bunch of grass growing on my pathway and swept the stepping stones off, and that pretty much did me in that day!





I also hosted an Alliance get together this week - the Alliance is a club? support group? for spouses of medical students, and we made paper batiks! Very cool!! Several ladies showed up for "Dine and Design" where we ate desserts and played with oil pastels and paint :) I thought it would take a lot longer than it did and was very pleasantly suprised that everyone finished their designs! And it was so much fun with a nice CLEAN house and lots of chit chat in our usually quiet house :) Even the dogs were on their best behavior in their crates - absolutely silent :) I took pictures of the batiks (They can be seen on my Facebook page if you are so inclined) that stayed overnight to dry, but they hardly do the artwork justice...I think I am in need of a new camera! This one was a replacement for my nice one that broke a little over a year ago, but since we have very limited funds, we have a very limited camera :( It's not good at close-ups, makes things blurry, the shutter speed is too slow so you have to be absolutely frozen to take a picture - it doesn't help to put it in the "action mode" - I think they just made up all the modes, close-up, action, night, distant, none of them change anything!! I can't take pictures in dark places - I've tried to take pictures of Nich's band playing at clubs and you can't tell what's going on with the flash on, and with it off, you just see blurs of motion. Oh how I miss my old, trusty camera!

4 comments:

Heidi G. aka Mom said...

Your front yard looks great. I can hardly wait to see it! Even if it snowed today............

Mary said...

You look so cute pregnant!!! I am so happy for you guys! So exciting :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry I couldn't make it for the Girl's night! I really wanted to come but I have been working online on Tues and Thurs nights, so it didn't work out.

Glad to hear everything is going well. Your pictures are beautiful and once you get all those baby pictures you will have plenty to scrapbook with (should you desire).

Amy said...

Very photogenic! I'll have to look at your FB page. I've been distant from the computer of late. I wish you were here to show me how you do your blog: background, other stuff. I know I could look it up online and spend a few hours messing with it, but I don't have a few hours, not even an hour. Also,I wish I could hire you for an art camp for my girls. I bought them an art kit with oils, pastels, watercolors. I've been looking at art classes but not finding anything suitable for the summer. A lot of wishing. . .