Thursday, January 22, 2009

And BREATHE!!

We can stop holding our breath!!! Our ultrasound came back with all good news! I can't tell you how many times my stomach dropped this morning before we went in! All looks good with a healthy baby with a heart rate of 174 beats per minute and 17 mm long, that's up from 113 BPM and 4 mm less than two weeks ago. We're measuring 8 weeks and 1 day, which is close enough for me! I'm so releived, so far so good. I read in a book yesterday that all pregnancies have a 1/3 chance of miscarrying. If there's a heartbeat at 6 weeks, it drops to 1/6. If there's still a heartbeat at 8 weeks, you have a 95% chance it will go to term. If we make it to 12 weeks with a good heartbeat, we have 99% chance of going to term...here's keeping our fingers crossed, not that I trust statistics at ALL anymore, but we can hope! I'm signing off, I need a nap after wasting all my energy on anxiety today!

2 comments:

Mary said...

YAY! That is so great! I am so happy for you and Nich! I will breathe with you too...haha

ashley said...

Hooray! I've been wondering & hoping... so glad to hear. Hope you get some good sleep tonight!