Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The daily grind continues

Where to begin, so little, yet so much is going on these days. I'll start with the latest pregnancy news. I am happy to report that my Progesterone levels are up from 17 to 24...apparently below 10 is a risk for miscarriage, 15+ is good, and 20 is average. That might explain the very enjoyable case of dry heaving this morning! But I AM really getting tired of all the brown clots I see every day! I worry that they're not just clots! But there's no red blood, so here's still hoping for a good ultrasound tomorrow.

Also, a strange but pertinent question...is my house haunted? Ha ha ha! Ok, seriously, I occasionally see the shadow of a grown man, with little or no hair, passing by the glass in the picture across from the couch, and then last night the same shadow walk by the wall next to the front door, so either we've got a supernatural visitor, or someone's casing this house! I'm not sure which one I'd rather have... I'm hoping it's my eyes playing tricks on me with my crazy hormones and watching entirely too much Dexter. We've decided to stop watching it now after the first season. It just too creepy for my blood - and it doesn't help that we watch it at night. It made for some not so happy dreams last night, and I feel like we've watched a good movie and there's no point in watching more. Series like that tend to go downhill after the cool storyline is over. Maybe we're missing out, maybe the series gets better and better! They do like the F word a lot, and gratuitous sex scenes which get annoying and have no point to the story...is that just Showtime? I don't know, we've been renting the series from Blockbuster since we have basic cable.

To completely change subjects, our dogs are dumb. First, I LOVE that they feel the need to bark at the garbage truck every day it comes, and that they need to be touching a human when they're asleep. I'll admit, it IS sometimes endearing (well, the sleeping part), but it makes life annoying at times. They're also barely one year old and act it, so to help with their endless supply of energy, Nich takes the two crazies, Chester and Daisy, to catch frisbees at the park every day. They've gotten really good at ignoring other dogs and people and are really good at coming when called, until now. Chester saw a couple with another Aussie and thought he needed to go check it out, which means Daisy also needed to check it out. They were loading they're dog into their van, and Chester thought he should load up too! Oh goodness, our dogs ARE dumb. But hey, maybe it's a new way to meet new people! They're fellow dog owners, they can't be all bad...No, I think it just makes us the crazy dog people with obnoxious dogs. I will say, we are signing up Daisy and Chester for dog etiquette classes in March...it can't come soon enough! We were supposed to sign them up on January 5th, but we mixed up the dates and thought it was the 6th, so now we wait.

Anyway, if we get good news tomorrow, I will definitely be posting, and if not, I don't know how long it'll take. I'm practicing getting out of my bubble and that includes trying not to block out the world when something awful happens! We're keeping fingers and toes crossed!

2 comments:

Heidi G. aka Mom said...

Maybe you need to post your barking dogs by the front door for a while. Should deter any casing things out, or even a haunting. Tell them its a garbage truck :>
I hope all goes well tomorrow.

Upside Down Girl said...

I'm sure Daisy and Chester will just love getting to know all the other dogs and doggy school! What kind of things will they be learning? Hope tomorrow will be a great day!