Sunday, March 31, 2013

Days 2-4

Life got in the way of blogging my latest pictures, but here are a few more days.

Day 2 is a picture of these pretty pink and yellow snapdragons in a neighbor's garden. The overcast evening actually made for some pretty and soft light here.


Day 3 is this pretty sky right before sunset. The sun is already "oranging-up" the houses, the low hanging clouds from the front moving out appear purple leaving the sky this amazing electric blue. I couldn't capture it with my little camera, but the way the sky was laid out, it made everything on ground level look absolutely tiny like when you're in an airplane looking down on all the toy-model-looking houses and roads. Kind of strange having the sensation of feeling like a little bug with this giant sky!

And day 4. I had a tough time finding something I think is pretty, so I decided to approach it from another angle. It may just spark a new project! The large field near our house is covered in weeds, and normally we kind of complain about how rough and often sharp they are when we're throwing frisbee to the dogs. But I found if I got my camera close enough to them, these "ugly" plants are actually quit beautiful. The leaves on this plant are only about an inch tall but pack in a ton of color with their lime-green bodies and crimson-red tips.


1 comment: