Saturday, June 30, 2012

Time Out, Peaches

Lesson Learned...No Hitting
This morning Oliver put his drum time out for "hitting him" while he was swinging it around his body by the string. I guess it hit him one time too hard. He even asked for the timer, and had his drum in time-out for 2 minutes...

Chester making sure the drum behaves in time-out...with the timer set for 2 minutes on the dresser.


Lesson Learning...Waste Not, Want Not
For snack today, we all had some delicious peaches we just got at the Farmer's Market (TASTY!) After asking if he could have more and me answering him with yes after he finished his initial peach, I had to leave the room for a minute. I came back to find Oliver had taken a good 3-4 bites out of the remaining 3 peaches, with his still unfinished original 1/2 peach... And so now he sits until he finishes all the peach...or until he has agreed it really IS a good idea to finish one piece of fruit before deciding to bite into another.

Now that's a big pile of peaches! I'm betting the peaches will win.

2 comments:

Upside Down Girl said...

Love the new layout! Did the drum behave after its time out? I seem to remember learning the lesson of not taking more until you finish as well...I think it took me three days to finish a bowl of cereal...so gross! Looks like Oliver got a new haircut! too cute :)

Heidi G. aka Mom said...

Bad Drum!! Brilliant idea for the time out.
gosh i wonder where you got the idea of making him sit until he eats that peach?? I got it from my mother, no doubt she got it from hers.