Sunday, December 19, 2010

Secret Santa!

Elephant Ring Holder so I can't forget where my rings are placed! GREAT idea and it is so cute without being too cutesy, and is PERFECT! Thank you Aunt Liz :)

I am loving this year's Christmas! Although we don't get to be with family this year, we got to SKYPE our opening Secret Santa gifts today! That was absolute FUN and Oliver played with his new toy, (the GIANT bead and wire, or rollercoaster from Omama and Grandpapa), the entire time! I love this time of year, and I love it this year even more because, since we would not be in town for the family secret santa gift exchange, I shopped online to make sure the SS gift was shipped in time, and then just did ALL my Christmas shopping off of Amazon.com and Babyage.com. It's been a DREAM to NOT have to go into the busy malls and stores and running into crowds of busy shoppers! Whether I'm at home or not, brown packages keep arriving at my door, and these weeks leading up to Christmas have been like Christmas everyday!

Less than one week to go! Just need to find Christmas gifts for the dogs to open...they ALWAYS love ripping through paper to find tasty treats or squeeky toys. Or both! The new 7 1/2 foot tree Nich suprised me with is decorated, lit, and gorgeous, with special thanks to a certain 16 month old helper, and one section of Christmas decorations and lights are up about 7 feet on the armoir to keep away from curious fingers. So Christmassy!


Oliver hanging up his 1st Christmas ornament from last year...he was really enjoying playing with all the parts inside, so it had to go up nice and HIGH...
We've been whipping up hot chocolate with all the fixins, marshmallows and whip cream, eggnog with tasty nutmeg sprinkled on top, cookies every few days, and we've even been known to make bacon and biscuits a few times this week! With two Pandora Christmas stations we love (Bing Crosby Holiday, and Shake Hands With Santa Claus for a jazzy, swing sound) playing through the iPhones to our living room speakers, it's been so cheerful! And we even got SNOW a few days ago! I'm ready to start wrapping my happy brown boxes in bright, colorful paper with GIANT bows, and even more excited to watch my boys rip it all to pieces!! Now, off to get ready for church with "Silver Bells" playing on the speakers :)

3 comments:

Upside Down Girl said...

what a beautiful Christmas tree!!! I'm soo glad that you are finally enjoying your holidays :)

Anonymous said...

That's a great Christmas tree! I'm doing catch-up on blog reading. I named my blog equanimity (evenness of mind esp. under stress) because that's what i wanted and didn't have. Days felt dark, so I started writing about the seemingly small and funny dailies to help change my focus/ outlook. Things improved, and then they didn't. Then they did. I'm beginning to think parenting will fall under this cycle for awhile. Great moments, great loves, great needs to escape, late nights worrying, late nights listing everything I did wrong, evening hours feeling wowed by children & family, then lost tempers, and more late nights, more laughter, and then . . . all over again.

Anonymous said...

When I earn my millions, I'll be able to buy myself out of these cycles. I'm sure of it. -- AND what a year of cats for you guys! We have one . . . perhaps soon to be pregnant. I've got to pay the $ for the surgery.