Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Omama and Grandpapa's House

A few weeks ago, Oliver and I flew down to Houston for little Eliska's baptism! It was a wonderful trip and awesome to see my whole family in one place for the first time in 2 1/2 years! Marian was in town from Australia for 3 weeks, and I have a few pictures to post from that :))) I didn't get as many as I wanted because I think we were too busy catching up and the camera wasn't on my mind :( Thankfully Elisabeth got a few good ones!

My sweet little neice, or god-daughter now :) was baptized the first Advent! That's easy to remember and now she will always get to light TWO candles that night, ha! She loved staring into the water in the shiny gold bowl, and was so curious when they started pouring the water on her head! The candle got the cake though...that little flame was just mesmerizing to 5 month old eyes! Here we are at the beautiful Lutheran church in Houston, proud parents and god-parents!



Aren't they a beautiful family?


Unfortunately, Nich had to work, and we've been traveling a lot these days, separately though :( He's off interviewing several days a week at this point, and Oliver and I are mostly hanging out, doing our usual stuff! In Houston, Oliver got to hang out with his grandparents, and had a blast! Here are some really cute moments with Omama:



Stealing a quick hug before bed!

I love this picture since it reminds me of two others, in separate generations, I hold very close to my heart...





Oliver played a bunch with his Grandpapa, but I didn't have my camera! Lots of hugs and sharing sound-effects with a GIANT wire and bead toy! I MUST remember to take pictures more!

2 comments:

Heidi G. aka Mom said...

awwwwwwwwwwww. I loved your photo essay at the end too. And the genders match as well. Thanks for sharing this.
Omama

Upside Down Girl said...

I'm glad you enjoyed our time together. I loved getting to know and play peekaboo with little Oliver! Goodness I miss Shadow sooo much.