Thursday, August 6, 2009

New News...

I've had a few days to digest our new news, and am a little more comfortable with the new timeline! We went in August 4th for our amnio and found out our little man isn't ready yet. His lungs aren't quite mature enough and he needs another 10-14 days. I am very very happy to carry him as long as he needs to be ready, but I also didn't realize quite how scared I am for him to stay where he is! As soon as we got the results back, we broke down - at first because we were disappointed we wouldn't get to meet him that day, but even more the fear of, is he safer inside or outside? Being able to see him all day, watch him breathe, move, feeding him, hearing him...that is a very comforting thought and we keep praying that he is still safe while we can't see him.

But now we have a little more time to finish the nursery, which we have been procrastinating putting together because we're still worried we may not bring this little boy home - he's healthy and happy as can be, but of course we're still nervous! We have yet to build the co-sleeper he will sleep in for the first few months, right next to my side of the bed...although...I don't think I'll be putting him down for a few weeks!! Ha ha ha!! I'll just hold him all day and all night :)

Tuesday the 12th, I see my OB and schedule a date to have him - how many people get to choose their baby's birthday? Pretty cool! It will fall anywhere between the 13th - 17th...I'm leaning more for the 14, a Friday, but maybe waiting until the 17th is a guarantee his lungs will be for SURE ready and he can come home with us? On the 17th, I'll be 38 weeks pregnant, that's pretty to term, and as a "wimpy white boy," as is termed in the NICU since white male babies tend to have the most problems, he should be ready by then. (No one better use that term around me, by the way...it sounds funny and might be funny after we meet him, but right now, I'm a little overprotective! :)) We were suprised at our results because I got the lung steroid shot at 27 weeks, and a booster at 34 weeks, and still he's not ready...the results could also be somewhat skewed because of the extra fluid diluting the results.

So, onto my 11th week on bedrest, and should have an even 12 by the end - good since I like nice round, even numbers...ha ha! But in happy news, Heather Witt took some great shots of my gorwing belly! She took the pictures the day before our amnio, and they are so cute! I've got 16 favorites and am trying to see how I can get them digitally and post them all over the place - I love my big belly and will miss it - I am so happy to have such good pictures :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you keep that baby boy inside you until he's done if at all possible. He's going to be a beautiful and healthy little addition to your family. I'm so excited for you! Your pictures were wonderful.

(besides, you will have more than your fair share of holding him in the middle of the night once he's here--right where he should be though, right?)

Heidi G. aka Mom said...

Go for the 17th - that's the equivalent day I had you at 38 weeks. And yes, you were planned to come on a Monday morning. I love your pictures BTW

Upside Down Girl said...

Mom's reason for the 17th sounds good enough for me haha!!! But, I, like you, like even round numbers so the 16th or the 18th sound good as well!! how exciting we can talk about what day he'll be here!

Melanie said...

I'm so glad it's going well...they longer they are in the better! It's true about boys though...I think being a girl really helped Anna get out of the NICU so quickly. Hopefully he won't have to go there! Good luck!

Mary said...

Oh how exciting!! I got to choose little E's birthday too, (I chose to be induced), so that was fun! I am so excited for you guys, and everything is going to be great! I know it is hard to be patient now, but you're almost there!!! :)