Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Only a week to go?

Happy birthday Nich!!

We have all kinds of fun news to update on! We are in our 35th week and we found out on Monday that we are getting an amnio done Tuesday to see if our little boy's lungs are developed enough, and if they ARE, he will be born that day! August 4th! (Clinton's birthday I believe...Ha!) If they're not ready, they can calculate how much longer he needs to be in there for, and they'll take him out as soon as he's ready :) We still don't know if that means a C-section or an induction - I think most signs point to C-section though!

Today we had a biophysical profile done, and I am happy to say that although I have felt like my belly has been really expanding the last few days, the fluid level appears to be down to around 23 (from 27) which is excellent! I still am not sure why the last few days I have been so huge feeling and looking, maybe he has positioned himself in an interesting spot...these days his little butt is right under my ribs, hard to breathe! But I'll take a butt over a foot kicking my ribs!! We also found out today our boy has gained a pound, YES! He is officially over the "preemie" weight which was my personal hope before they take him out, and he is 6 pounds now! We got some very cute pictures of him - he is getting chubbier by the day. (yay!)


Here is his little foot, which is nearly 3 inches long now :) It was down by his head during this ultrasound, very cute!

Here is his little profile in 2D, the next one is a 2D profile of him yawning, so I put this one here as a comparison


Here's the YAWN! His mouth was WIDE open, and when they switched it to the 3D, he of course stopped. We waited a lilttle bit, but no more yawns...until they switched back to 2D and he yawned again! Of course :)


And the latest 3D shot of his face, I like the profile picture, it looks like a baby nose to me :)

So, we might be bringing home a baby next week! WOW! We called in the furniture so it will arrive Saturday, and I need to get all of his clothes organized now....now that they are all clean and ready for him! We are getting so excited, but still are kind of reserved since, well, it ain't over til it's over, and we are praying for a smooth, healthy birth where we can bring him home with us and not have to have him in the NICU for a few days. That's the hope :)

Ok, I also have to boast about my mom. She has been here for nearly 2 weeks now and has been so awesome with taking care of ALL the crazy last minute things that have to be done - on top of suprises like unexpectedly taking care of a mamma and 9 pups born one night in HER room! Just watching her take care of stuff and run errands makes ME exhausted - I am so greatful she has been able to be here for so long! :)

2 comments:

Heidi G. aka Mom said...

aw, shucks!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you both!!!