Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's a BOY!!

We're HOME!!!! Wow, I haven't been online in forever and have so much to post! Lots of pictures :) Oliver Nicholas was born Friday, August 21, 2009 at 12:27PM. He weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces and was 20 inches long. He is officially one week old today! He had to spend 4 days in the NICU for "wet lungs" and needed help "transitioning." He had AWESOME nurses who made sure we could see him all the time, stay late even during their 2 hour shift change when visitors are not allowed, called us before any "firsts" like the first time he was allowed to be held because of all the wires, tubes, and oxygen, his first bottle feeding (not through an IV), his first bath, all that stuff, so we could be there and do it ourselves :) They also rushed all the last tests and things so he could go home with us, the evening I was officially "kicked out" (Ha!) Here are a few pictures of all the excitement! :)
The morning of the C-section

He's here!! (you can't see Nich's giant smile under the mask) :)
48 hours old
Proud Papa and uncle :)

One week old today and at home!

My beautiful little boy!

He is the BEST baby ever! He is so calm and easy going, such a great little boy :) He's been that way a whole week and I hope that's his personality, he's such a lovebug!! We're major cuddlers, it's hard to put him down :) Ok, I'll post this now, I've kept everyone in suspense long enough!

8 comments:

The Dishing Diabetic said...

Ahhhhhh! I am so, so happy for all of you! Oliver is BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations..... enjoy every minute!! All my love!

Marv Loucks said...

He is beautiful! Congrats on getting to take him home with you. I am SO happy for you guys. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you and your wonderful family!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I CAN'T wait to meet him!!! I also love that his middle name is Nicholas (my Nicholas was born on Aug 19). :D

He's a cutie and I am so happy for you both.

Oh, and you can TOTALLY see his smile under that mask!! Those eyes tell it all!

Kalee said...

Congratulations! He is so sweet! Can't wait to meet him!

Mary said...

YAY!!!! Congratulations!!! He is gorgeous. What a happy time for you guys! Enjoy :)

Cluff Chronicles said...

He is beautiful! The best thing about a c-section is the fact that they come out looking so perfect. I hope you are recovering well. I am so happy for you and Nick!

Upside Down Girl said...

my nephew is amazing!!! good job Adriane and Nich :)

Melanie said...

I am so thrilled for you! I'm glad he's home now and doing well. I can't wait to meet him eventually!