Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another day in the Beer house

Ugh!! So Daisy, our Terrier mix, has been barking non-stop and bouncing all over the place in Julian's room for the past ten minutes. Because I was making brownies, I'd just been yelling at her from the kitchen to stop and come HERE!! Of course, being a stubborn Terrier, she refuses to even acknowledge me, when I hear a wonderfully large *BANG*. That's when I decided there must be something awful, like a mouse (we haven't had any but it scares me to death that we will at some point since we live next to a giant field, and our outdoor cat, Belle, has brought us proof), that has triggered her hunt and attack instinct. So, from the huge bang that has now set the other 2 barking, I run in to see the commotion. And what do I find??? What is the awful critter I have to kill because Nich won't be home until six tonight??? A...FLY. Daisy's trying to kill a fly that's buzzing around the window. HA! So my room is being destroyed for a fly, yes, everything is knocked over and she has been trying to climb the furniture to get to the top of the window where this stupid fly is buzzing around. So, the fly lands on a plant and I use a box to smack it, the stunned fly falls to the floor where Chester and Daisy fight over who gets to eat it. Daisy got it and is now happily sitting in front of the front door, staring out the window...probably in hopes of another fly. Mmm, so I'm not too hungry for brownies now after watching her chew fly like it's gum.

*So I was proofreading before I published, and saw that I had described Belle as our outdoor CAR, ha ha ha! That would be a sight, plus I believe most cars prefer to live inside.

I was also out running errands today. I took old summer clothes to Goodwill - things I will never ever fit into again since they fit when I was 115 pounds, have shrunk so much that I'd have to be 105 to fit in now, and we all know THAT will never happen - and probably don't want it to, I have images of a walking skeleton... Then decided to stop by Lowe's to see what kind of pretty plants they have for spring/summer. I'd like to get our front yard looking like something again before I get gigantic and have to leave it to Nich, which is wife-talk for it'll never get done (ok, in his defense, he has to worry about studying for the first part of his medical licensing exam, aka Step 1, but if there's anything he hates more than cleaning the bathrooms, it's yardwork - especially "beautifying" yardwork!). They had almost nothing there, but they did have a whole bunch of Snap Dragons. I forgot how much I enjoy those little guys! They're so much fun to play with - opening the "jaws" and watching them spring closed! I'll admit, I spent a while hanging out with the Snap Dragons and DID have a few people snicker at me...maybe I like them so much because they were always in Granny's gardens and we'd make them talk when we weren't, of course, cutting roses to take home - I wish I had half the green thumb she and Pa had!! I don't know how so many people passed by them without once opening a single one! It was $1.98 for a 6-pack, so maybe I'll go back when I'm more in the mood to have my hands in the dirt.

So, onto more personal news, we have fun news about our pregancy! I think everyone knows at this point, but I don't care, I'm going to write it all out anyway :) It's too exciting to not mention! We went to our 12 week ultrasound last Friday hoping that there would be some improvements from our 10 week...mainly the blood issue. We were very hopeful for the intestines to go into the body and away from the cord, since that was the easiest thing to fix, but because I was met with a lovely red/brown clot that morning, we weren't expecting much improvement in the amniotic sac situation. Well, since I already said it's all good news, our "banana" amniotic sac has been reshaped into a nice oval/kidney bean shape and baby has PLENTY of room now! And if the amnion and chorion haven't fused yet, they're sure close!! PLUS, no more blood in between them! Ever since the clot, I haven't had anymore brown discharge! That's nearly a week :) I am so thankful for everyone who have, and continue to I hope, pray for us! We are so happy! Thank you for such wonderful support!

I'm off to go check on brownies now...

4 comments:

Upside Down Girl said...

I hope your brownies don't come out like the ones (yes multiple) I made for your 25th birthday...wow that was a long time ago!

The Beers said...

Ha ha ha! I forget, how many batches did you make? Like 3? Ha ha ha! It wasn't THAT long ago, I'm still 25! Just going to celebrate my 5th anniversary soon, that all :)

Heidi G. aka Mom said...

I like snapdragons. Have you seen Coroline/ they have some interesting snapdragons!

Anonymous said...

Yesterday after I cleaned their walls and baseboards, I painted the girls room. This morning (after Steve said he's going to replace the baseboards) I went up to their room and started carefully removing the baseboards so as not to disturb the new paint. That's when I found the mouse crap - freshly silhouetted against clean, white baseboards. Here comes the war and spring cleaning. In December, one built a nest next to the water heater in the garage, and then chewed through the wall and carpet to camp out in my closet on cold nights (because it wouldn't be living in my house just vacationing). Bright red neon, mouse-size sign flashing VACANCY.
I'm happy about your ultrasound and sorry Nich doesn't enjoy beautifying the yard. Either does Steve, that's soft work, woman's work. Whatever. I think I've broken the unwritten rule that the comment should not exceed the post or even come near unto it. Enjoy the warm weather!