Saturday, March 10, 2012

It's Which-Craft

We were walking through Target one day, and while passing the aisle full of markers and stickers and stuff, Oliver spotted something "shiny!!!" They were pipe cleaners, and about a foot down were some beads. Of course the two go together! So we got a bag of each for $2 and went home to design. Oliver made some bracelets and mostly strung beads and had fun wiping them off. He enjoyed making all kinds of crazy requests for me to make, so the elementary art teacher in me came out. Oh fun times!!


 Spider...note the red eyes and silver fangs :) Oliver picked the colors.
 Butterfly. This thing is STURDY and can never be taken apart. My first creation.
 Owl. I was bored the next day while Oliver ate lunch. These things are addicting! I actually had to use my brain and think several steps ahead to only use 2-3 pipe cleaners, and get the beads to line up. Useless problem-solving can be invigorating sometimes!
 Za's candy cane creation. Simple yet effective.


















It happened after I had Oliver, and it's happened again. I'm having a love affair with jewelry. My jewelry box isn't really designed for more than about 5 short necklaces and 8 rings, and maybe some dangly earrings if you're not using all the necklace hooks. Soooo, my necklaces, ear rings, and such have been in piled up messes in tiny boxes jammed into my jewelry box. HARD to find anything in there, and although I don't get expensive stuff, it's disappointing when it all gets tangled up and sometimes even broken...even after being careful. Being in the crafty mood today, Oliver, Ian, and I went to Hobby Lobby, found this gorgeous giant frame for 50% off, and some pretty and thin fabric for 30% off, and came home and put them together. 
TaDa!!

For $22, and 30 minutes, I have an earring holder! Love :)



1 comment:

Upside Down Girl said...

Great creations! You'll have to show ur new jewelry box with all your earrings on them :)