Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy 102nd Birthday Shadow!

Can you believe Shadow is 14?!? For her size, in dog years that is a little over 100 years old! I think that makes her officially older than dirt :) I know right now I look like one of those annoying dog people, and I know there's a part of me that IS an annoying dog person, but I thought because Shadow has doubled her life expectancy, she SHOULD get a party! Our sweet little Addisonian Belgian Shepherd has beaten all the odds with several Addisonian attacks, allergic reactions, and a case of spinal menangitis, and is so happy living with her two buddies, Chester and Daisy :)
Last night I made a heart shaped meatloaf as the "cake," and covered it in sour cream "icing." Isn't your mouth watering already? Ha ha! Yes, it's gross, but the dogs loved it, including the squiggle noodle details along the base of the cake and milkbone topping!


Everyone had to wear the appropriate party gear, of course...except Chester...you can see what he did with his princess crown! Ha ha ha!


Once Shadow made a wish and had help blowing out the candles, everyone got their own plate with a "cake" slice and a side of milkbone. That quickly turned into a very quiet but frenzied pile of slurping, eating, devouring dogs, and took about 45 seconds to inhale 2 pounds of beef! Of course, they had to play musical plates in that 45 seconds to make sure no one got something better than their own. Now, THAT'S my kind of birthday party...quick and to the point.

The only sign that anything had happened was a broken princess crown on the floor, and a smear of sour cream along Chester's cheek...Daisy soon took care of that.
Shadow disappeared into our bedroom and is happily sleeping off birthday cake :)

Happy Birthday old lady! We love you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and here I just thought you had a really old great granny with a Rad name!!! Happy birthday Shadow!!

Upside Down Girl said...

hahah!! I love it!!!! Happy birthday Shadow :) Love you lot's
<3

The Tremendous Thomas Family said...

All I have to say is you are going to be a GREAT mommy! If this is what you do for your dogs I can't imagine what fun things you will do for your baby boy!

Heather Witt said...

hahahaha that's hilarious! I love it!

Amy said...

How funny! an "annoying dog person" -- for a family that did not grow up with dogs, the beers are certainly crossing that line. The kids want a dog and i can't help wondering if we've got chaos enough. But everyday they chorus "when are you going to get our dog?" -- when I'm feeling falsely confident. You guys do good -- happy belated Shadow!