Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I like the number on my scale better.

I was wondering when it was going to happen...I have been gaining and losing a pound, pound and a half here and there for the past 5 months, mostly just watching the scale sit at a three-digit-number that is still 5 pounds too high from last year... I am right at 5 months pregnant and the Dr's aren't particularly happy that I haven't put on any weight, according to their scales, a few weeks ago, I've lost 4 pounds, of course on mine I've stayed the same. It was recommended to me to add a milkshake to my daily diet, and I should be pleased by that, but milkshakes aren't really on my short list of foods I'd like to eat. Noodles and bananas are, but thankfully not together. I am happy to announce, as of this morning, according to MY scale (which I wonder...why is it that mine is 8 pounds lighter than the doctor's scale?? Grrr. I like the number at home better) I've gained 4 pounds! FOUR entire pounds! Woohoo! I guess no more weight will be coming off my thighs and BE-hind anymore, aw. I'm glad I didn't start the milkshake diet since that was 4 pounds in 2 weeks.
If I were a betting woman, I'd say in the next 17 weeks before I have this little guy, I'll put on another 25 pounds...so's my prediction.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations on the weight gain!!! I'm trying to persuade my scale to move down the other direction.

Upside Down Girl said...

Yay!!! More brie hee hee :)

The Tremendous Thomas Family said...

Oh how I wish I was perscribed to drink a milkshake a day! I am so glad to of found your blog I have been reading older posts and you have touched my heart and soul today, thank you!