Friday, June 19, 2009

In the mood to gripe


So, I don't normally consider myself a complainer, but, you know, little things have been building this week that just make me want to scream! And the weird thing is, I barely get to leave the house now that I'm on bedrest...one thing I SHOULD be griping about, but am so far suprisingly ok with most days.

Yesterday we had an appointment for another NST and to get my Progesterone shot and on the way there, which is about 8 minutes away, we got to witness all that is bad about drivers who are really too old to be on the road. As we were driving under an overpass, an old man, with a little old lady in the passenger seat, in the left turn lane decided he actually needed to go straight. Without noticing the 3 previous signs that warned of the left-turn-only lane, and the big sign on the median that showed how his lane ended, he drove straight, right toward the median, never slowing down, never touching his breaks. Right as he was about to smash into the curb and sign, he pulls a hard right, directly into a little red car, right in front of us, to get into the lane. The little red car had to pull a hard right into the lane over, and nearly hit an SUV. THEN the old man turned left into a doctor's office parking lot, maybe 10 feet from where he pulled his little stunt, gets out, and goes on into the building like nothing happened. HELLO! Well, that 10 seconds kind of freaked us out, and it unfortunately started my contractions every minute and 45 seconds apart, and I've been fighting them ever since. And there was a storm last night which I'm sure contributed to them, what with the drop in pressure. Grrr. It's like my medicine stopped working!

Also, I had to have 2 shots yesterday, both of which normally don't hurt too badly, but were AWFUL. The weekly Progesterone shot got put in right by a big bruise from the one 2 weeks ago, and boy, getting a shot in a bruise HURTS! Especially when you're on blood thinners and they take months to heal. Yowza! And then my Lovenox shot for the evening...the day before it got injected into a vein by accident, yes another lovely bruise, and last night's was on the other hip, but went in wrong, at a funky angle and tore up my skin, OW again! And the stinging lasted forever. And contractions every 2 minutes.

And this morning, after a 30 minute warm shower, trying to calm my uterus to stop contracting, Nich goes into the garage, which we leave a few inches open for Belle, the outdoor kitty, only to find some wonderful neighborhood stray cat, not Belle - she has much better manners, left us a wonderful gift by the door. Poop. POOP! What kind of cat doesn't use dirt?!? We know of at least 3 other cats that hang out in there and share food with Belle, who seems to be the cat equivalent of Ellen DeGeneres - every cat LOVES her. But, really, and the poop was so close to the door that Nich's not sure how the cat managed to do that...Belle leaves us lovely gifts like parts of a rabbit in our front yard, that's happened twice, and although we appreciate the gesture, that's still gross, but not as gross as almost stepping in cat feces first thing in the morning. Gross.

And my last gripe today, is my fault. I have found a position where I haven't had a contraction in about an hour (yay!) but every part of me that is touching the couch is numb. And, Daisy has decided that since I am mostly molded onto the furniture, the spot in the curl of my legs is the perfect place to nap. She's not tiny and is right up against my legs with her head rested on my thigh-hip area. Everytime I move my legs out of the way, she scoots back to be in the same spot. I would normally throw her off, but she's so cute and I'm tired of sitting here by myself. But my body is about to scream :( Yes, my fault, but she's too cute and apparently I'm not yet in enough pain to disturb her nap...

Ok, nice things this week to balance out the bad...we found out Baby gained 1 pound! I gained 2, and am glad one of them is his :) Wonderful people from our church have been bringing us dinner twice a week so Nich has one less thing to worry about those days! I have been able to keep up with Hollywood news with the great, several months supply of "trashy" magazines Heather and Raquel have brought over - love it! Great entertainment for sure!! Sarah brought over a suprise dinner one day, such sweet people here! Matt and Raquel cooked us dinner on Sunday, and then Raquel cleaned and painted my toes! Now THAT'S a real friend who will clean out your toe jam that you can't reach anymore around a giant belly!! Nich found time to mow the yard, only about 4 months late, but hey, our weeds are now all the same size :) He also started nightly watering of the yard and grass looks like it's actually trying to green up now. Nich only has one more week until STEP I, the first part of medical boards, so soon I'll have him to myself for 10 whole days before rotations start! And, thank goodness for all the medications and skilled doctors that are keeping my body able to support this baby! Only seven and a half more weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you hang in there girl!